This 2-day entry-level course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to work on a surface coal mine site in QLD.
The course takes participants through the 6 key competencies that will give valuable knowledge regarding common safety practices of surface extraction coal mines.
The program is made up of the following 6 nationally accredited units of competency:
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIGOV201E Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response First Aid
- RIIRR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
To be eligible to receive the Standard 11 Statement of Attainment, participants must complete the 6 units of competency. The training consists of a mixture of classroom and practical training.
On successful completion of the Standard 11, a Statement of Attainment and ID card is issued. The standard refresher period for Standard 11 is 5 years after issue.
If your Standard 11 is about to expire, you can enrol on to a 1 day refresher course. You must have your Statement of Attainment from the Standard 11 course and it must not be expired.
Courses are scheduled regularly or on request. Weekend training is also available.