This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM).
It includes preparing, containing and removing friable ACM, and knowledge and application of decontamination and disposal requirements.
Project sites for removal of friable asbestos include construction sites, ships, fences and soils.
The WHS regulations and the Code of Practice: How to safely remove asbestos (2018) requires workers to hold certification for the class of licensed asbestos removal work they will be undertaking. Completion of this unit of competency is certification to undertake friable (Class A) removal work.
Occupational licenses are required nationally. This unit is required for all ACM removal workers engaged in the removal of friable ACM.
The RTO is currently only delivering this training to participants within industry that have access to the required equipment. Please contact AIT office for more information.
- Learners must hold CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card) competency to be able to do this course. Participants must be able to supply a copy of a Statement of Attainment for CPCCWHS1001. We cannot accept the white card as the evidence of completing the pre-requisite unit.
- Learners must also have completed CPCCDE3014 Remove non-friable asbestos and be able to supply a Statement of Attainment with this course code on it to prove the pre-requisite course has been completed
The course covers:
- Work instructions and asbestos removal plans
- PPE and tools used in removal of non-friable asbestos
- Determining what is/isn’t friable asbestos
- How to safely remove friable asbestos
- Signage and barricade requirements
- Decontamination procedures
- Isolation of site
- Containment of asbestos and safe disposal
- Regulatory requirements and documentation
CSQ funding available for eligible participants only.