- This event has passed.
TLILIC2001 – Licence to operate a forklift truck
November 5, 2018 @ 7:30 am - November 7, 2018 @ 2:30 pm$550.00
This course is for anyone wanting the skills to operate a forklift. The course is designed for learners with little or no experience who wants to learn how to operate a forklift and obtain a high risk work licence.
The course is a usually a 3 day course and covers:
- Formal training in the classroom
- Logbook set up and challenge test
- Practical training on a forklift
- Written and practical assessments.
All learners must be at least 18 years of age to sit the assessments for this high risk work licence. Younger learners have an option to do the training and then use their logbook to record hours of operation until they turn 18. Contact AIT Office on 4755 4222 for more information.
- OHS Legislation, Compliance & Regulations
- Hazard Identification & Site Evaluation
- Risk Management
- Pre & Post Operational Checks
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Correct Procedures – I.E. Correct Speeds, Stability of Loads etc
- Forklift Awareness – Awkward Loads, High Stacks, Negotiating Obstacles
- Lifting Pallets, Refuelling, Parking
- Duty of Care
- Theory & Practical Training
- Full written and performance assessments
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Statement of Attainment plus a verification of their assessment (AS1 Form). Once they have received these items of evidence, they will need to apply on line at Worksafe for the high risk work licence.
Course fee: $550 per person
CSQ funding: $225 per person for eligible learners
Remaining fee: $325 per person.