Health and Safety Representative Training (Qld)
Advanced Industry Training is now approved to deliver the Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) approved Health and Safety Representative (HSR) training.
The role of the Health and Safety Representative (HSR) is primarily to liaise with other workers in the workplace to identify health and safety issues and liaise with management. HSRs are elected by colleagues to represent the work collective in discussions with management.
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfil their role as a HSR in Queensland. Advanced Industry Training is a WHSQ approved provider of this course.
This course is a 5-day course delivering WHSQ approved materials.
HSRs in Queensland are entitled to attend this WHSQ Queensland approved 5 day training course within three months of making a request for such training to their PCBU. Employers are required to allow the HSR to take time off work to attend this training. Likewise, HSRs are also entitled to attend the 1 day refresher course at least every three years, with the entitlement to the first refresher training commencing three years after the initial training.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Overview of the WHS legislative framework
- Duties of various parties
- Key WHS terminology
- The role of WHSQ and penalties for non‐compliance
- Requirements and mechanisms for consultation in the workplace on work health and safety issues
- The role, entitlements and protections available for HSRs and Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- Resolving workplace health and safety issues through negotiation and conflict resolution
- Identifying hazards and ways in which they can be eliminated or minimised
- Incident notification and investigation
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing unsafe work to cease
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Have 3 forms of identification to produce to assessor
Course Fee: $850 per person. Minimum of 5 participants per course is required for the course to go ahead.