This course is appropriate to students who are already working in the resource and infrastructure industries.
A lot of mine sites in the Bowen Basin require this non-high risk competency in order for their workers to ‘dog’ loads at their sites.
The course is similar in content to the high risk work licence but at a more basic level.
- reading work load limit tags
- using ropes as tag lines
- using ropes to connect to loads knots such as Clover Hitch, Rolling Hitch, Single Sheet bend and Bowline.
- calculating mass, dimensions and centre of gravity of the load and assessed for lifting requirements
- lifting/slinging points on the load are identified and correctly used
- appropriate communication methods
- directing the lifting of a load
- clearing work area of materials by disposing, reusing or recycling on completion of the work
This competency is not a high risk competency and successful completion of this competency does not result in students being licensed Doggers.
Course duration is 1-2 days depending on skills and knowledge of participants.