Order picking forklift truck means a forklift truck where the operator controls are incorporated with the lifting media and elevate with the lifting media.
A person performing this work is required to hold an order picking forklift truck high risk work (HRW) licence.
Training is provided on operating an order picking forklift truck to plan the work, conduct routine checks on order-picking forklift trucks, shift loads in a safe manner, and safely shut down and secure equipment after completing operations.
The course is generally a 5 day course and covers the following:
- Hazard identification and risk control
- WH&S requirements and duty of care
- Pre and post operational checks of the order picker
- Identifying and using controls on the order picker
- Assessing weights of loads and moving them safely
- Emergency procedures
- Shut down and maintenance procedures
- Written and performance assessments
Students found competent on completion of assessment are eligible to apply for a high risk work licence through Worksafe Queensland