This course is a 1 day course (1 day for renewal) that is ideal for workers and supervisors in the civil construction industry that are involved in traffic management and are required to place signage at roadworks.
The course covers:
- Identifying requirements in the traffic control plan
- WHS requirements
- Selecting the right PPE, barricades, signage and equipment
- Correctly positioning signs, devices, displays
- Monitoring traffic flow
- Clearing and maintaining site and equipment
The Traffic Management Implementation course consists of two parts: a theory component and practical component.
- The theory component is delivered in a classroom environment using TMR approved training resources and includes two simulated practical exercises conducted in a controlled environment. These simulations enable participants to experience implementing different set up scenarios that they would not normally be exposed to in their current on-the-job role.
- The practical component consists of a minimum of three on-the-job set ups relevant to the candidate’s current working situation.
Candidates are provided with a third party report on completion of the formal training. The logbook is to be completed and returned to AIT within 3 months of issue to enable AIT to issue a Statement of Attainment and TMI accreditation card. Accreditation is issued for 3 years.
All participants must have a Construction Induction White Card before enrolling onto this course and bring it with them to the course.
Renewal courses are available where participants accreditation has not yet expired. The participants will need to prove current and sufficient evidence of experience over the last 3 years before accreditation can be renewed. The evidence is by Currency of Industry Practice documentation and must be supported by SWMS, JSA, Timesheets and Certificates from Working in Proximity Part 1 & Part 2. These courses are available at https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/business-industry/Commercial-services/Technical-training