This course is a 1 day course that is ideal for workers in the civil construction and mining industries that are involved in identifying workplace risks and implementing risk management strategies. The course is especially applicable to workers either in supervisory or management roles or others seeking employment in a supervisory role.
The course covers:
- Reviewing existing procedures and identifying hazard controls that are not in those procedures
- Assessing and identifying unacceptable risks
- Reviewing current risk management strategies and the process to follow to have amendments authorised
- Identifying a range of hazard control measures
- Participating in implementation of hazard control measures
The course is predominantly classroom based with some practical exercises. A heavy emphasis is on communication in the workplace.