This qualification is ideal for works in the construction and resources industries that are either already working as Riggers or Assistant Riggers or those that wish to gain employment in these industries as a Rigger.
Learners must be over 18 years old to enrol in this course due to the high risk work licence units that are involved.
Certificate 3 Guarantee funding may be applicable. Contact AIT Office for more information.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
15 units of competency:
- 11 core units
- 4 elective units.
Some electives may not be available.
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCCM3001C Operate elevated work platforms
- CPCCCM3003A Work safely around power sources, services and assets
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
Rigging – basic and intermediate field of work
- CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length over 11 metres)