This qualification is suitable for learners that require:
- a pathway to employment or vocational training
- reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 3 or lower
- entry level digital literacy and employability skills
- a vocational training and employment plan
The qualification is ideal for learners who want to develop and build on literacy and numeracy skills and gain a qualification that is relevant to entry level occupations.
Certificate 3 Guarantee funding may be applicable. Contact AIT office to find out more.
Depending on how this qualification is delivered (e.g work based), it can take between 5 weeks and 6 months to attain.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
Total number of units = 14
- 8 core units plus
- 6 elective units
- FSKDIG03 Use digital technology for routine workplace tasks
- FSKLRG09 Use strategies to respond to routine workplace problems
- FSKLRG11 Use routine strategies for work-related learning
- FSKNUM14 Calculate with whole numbers and familiar fractions, decimals and percentages for work
- FSKNUM15 Estimate, measure and calculate routine metric measurements for work
- FSKOCM07 Interact effectively with others at work
- FSKRDG10 Read and respond to routine workplace information
- FSKWTG09 Write routine workplace texts
Two elective units must be vocational units from other training packages.
The remaining electives units may be selected as follows:
- up to 4 vocational units from other training packages, and their prerequisite units where applicable
- up to 4 units from the Foundation Skills Training Package
- up to 3 units from accredited courses.
Elective units must be relevant to vocational pathways.
AIT has a large range of FSK electives on scope. Please contact AIT office for more details.