This qualification is for learners in Mining and Civil Construction industries who perform mainly routine tasks and procedures, using limited practical skills and fundamental operational knowledge, and taking some responsibility for the quality of the work outcomes.
The qualification is also ideal for learners wanting to obtain employment in the Resources and Infrastructure industries and need to develop skills and knowledge for those occupations.
This Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation is a pathway qualification and will prepare an individual to successfully undertake a sector specified Certificate III from the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package, for example Certificate III in Surface Extraction.
Certificate 3 Guarantee funding may be applicable. Contact AIT office to find out more.
This qualification usually takes between 5 weeks and 6 months to attain.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
Total number of units = 9
3 core units plus
6 elective units, of which:
- at least three (3) must be chosen from Group A
- no more than three (3) may be chosen from Group B
- no more than one (1) unit may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
Core units of competency
- RIIENV201D Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging (HRWL – Must be at least 18 years old)
- CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging basic level (HRWL – Must be at least 18 years old)
- • Prerequisite unit: CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
- CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level (HRWL – Must be at least 18 years old)
- RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIIERR201D Conduct fire team operations
- RIIHAN201D Operate a forklift
- RIIHAN208D Perform dogging
- RIIHAN209D Perform basic rigging
- RIIHAN211D Conduct basic scaffolding operations
- RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of non-toxic materials
- RIISAM202D Isolate and access plant
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM205D Cut, weld and bend materials
- RIISAM207D Apply operational maintenance skills
- RIISTD201D Read and interpret maps
- RIIVEH201D Operate light vehicle (must have a drivers licence)
- TLILIC2001A Licence to operate a forklift truck (HRWL – Must be at least 18 years old)
- BSBITU101 Operate a personal computer
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and specifications
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIQUA201D Maintain and monitor site quality standards
- RIIRIS202D Respond to site based spills
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat