This qualification provides an introduction to the construction industry, its culture, occupations, job roles and workplace expectations.
The units of competency cover essential work health and safety requirements, the industrial and work organisation structure, communication skills, work planning, and basic use of tools and materials.
The qualification is built around a basic construction project unit that integrates the skills and embeds the facets of employability skills in context.
The qualification is suited to VET in Schools programs or learners with no previous connection to the construction industry or relevant employment history.
Depending on how the qualification is delivered (e.g. VETiS, work based), the qualification should take 3-6 months to attain.
The qualification also includes the Construction Induction White Card. Certificate 3 Guarantee funding may be applicable. Contact AIT office to find out more.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
Total of 11 units of competency:
- 8 core units
- 3 elective units
- CPCCCM1012A – Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A – Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A – Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM2001A – Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2005B – Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCOHS2001A – Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCVE1011A – Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCCM1011A – Undertake basic estimation and costing
- CPCCCM1015A – Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2004A – Handle construction materials
- CPCCCM2006B – Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCVE1002B – Undertake a basic computer design project