This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to handle dangerous goods and hazardous substances in accordance with relevant work health safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) regulations.
1 Day Course
This course is a 1 day course and provides you with training in how to prepare to load and unload plant from transport and safe loading and unloading techniques. It is now a requirement that if you are responsible for loading or unloading plant, you must hold this competency. The training covers:
- Licensing requirements for plant that is being transported
- Chain of responsibility
- Workplace health and safety requirements
- Hazard identification and control
- Choosing and checking the right trailer for transport
- Safely loading and unloading plant from transport
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to secure cargo, load and unload goods and cargo in accordance with procedures and regulatory requirements as part of work activities within the transport and logistics industry.